Monday, July 10, 2006

A Typical School Day!


Let me give you a run through of my day today. Wake up at 530, stumble down extremely narrow staircase towards shower, have shower get ready etc run out door... Ok so now is where I'm sitting in the back seat of the car, no seatbelt speeding along to make the train. Dodging trucks and buses and all kinds of big things.. There I am in the back, half asleep, rolling around with no seatbelt on.. I cant even FIND the clicky thing to connect my seatbelt.... I'm not gonna turn this blog into a bitch about seatbelts... but just so you know I dont think it's safe. From there I catch the train to Gotsu! Sitting in the train extremely grumpy and tired, most days with ichi nensei girls sitting near staring at me. I look up, catch their eye and try to send a message of "stop staring at me".

By the time I get to school it's 710 and I have an hour to sit in the Library with my third year mates and help them with homework! Today we also had some exams so I went into the teachers room and Koren and I started this blog! Usually at school I just go around to all kinds of classes and hang out, love it! Today I was especially tired though because of chess, and the closing of the ALT art exhibit yesterday. Friday, sat and sun were three full on days!

After school I went to Art club to do suibokuga - calligraphy ink and brushes but painting pictures. It was my first lesson and we had a REALLY nice teacher this old man, he was so cool! Here I have attached a photo of some ta-ke I painted - bamboo, one of them is bent so it looks like bones, it's art I can have weird shaped bamboo if I want!

After school and clubs I return to my ghetto train station in Gotsu. I bump into my local punk friend at the station with their bleached spikey hair, big baggy pants and boots, cigarette in hand, and their scooters. I want a scooter! I did buy bike goggles in Hiroshima! Im half way there!...

7 Comments:

Blogger Jason H. said...

Yo Tom -

Good to see you at CHESS - thanx for not totally making fun of my questions at the Trivia workshop. :P

I'll stop by and read from time to time, so you already have one loyal reader (other than Koren).

See ya,
jason
in Taisha

12:28 AM  
Blogger K said...

Oh my god, you would look so funny riding a scooter here!!

Do it!!

DO IT!!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Hey Tom,

Welcome to the wonderful world of the blog!

I am glad I got to meet you at CHESS. It was a great time. The photos you posted are nice.

Another devouted reader!

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom! Your blog is stellar Tom! Stellar! And yes, your grammar is horrendous!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Jason H. said...

Tom -

I actually have a scooter I never use anymore now that I have my car. I'd be happy to lend it to you for the rest of your stay.

Let me know.

-Jason

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a print now of your suibokuga work - NICE

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pleased you can do some ART....that piece is wonderful.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home