Saturday, July 15, 2006

Friday English Fun.


It was the end of the week so I was super tired. In my third year english class we learnt about different kinds of Hormone dependent cancers. Everyone agrees with me right? That that is the weirdest craziest thing to be studying. Its a reading class, and one of the stories in their "english as a second language" textbook was about hormone dependent cancers. What the?

Also I learnt (this is still during english class) that Okinawan people are the healthiest in Japan or something. Also the suicide rate for mature aged women, in all of asia, is lowest in Okinawa, yet still fairly high. I asked my teacher why there were so many mature aged women who committed suicide in asia and he said because of loneliness, and that they feel they have lost their youth and there is nothing to live for. I dont know if this is all true, or what the stats are in comparison to other stats etc, but I thought that was pretty sad. I have added a pic of my classroom.

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Your classroom looks so depressing and barren. I'm so glad I have the LL room to decorate.

We were talking about you at the enkai last night. The teachers are impressed by all the slang you have learned. It's the slang you are going to remember, not how to say hormonal dependent cancer.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home