Friday, August 11, 2006

Global Village!!

Me, host brother and friends


I just got home last night from my half way camp "Global village". The camp was organised my my exchange company and was half way up Mt Fugi. Wow I had such a great time! I really really really loved seeing all the other exchange students! There were also students from England, Ireland and Spain that came, plus a whole heap of Japanese students. The camp was nice, it was great learning about other countries and we did the, as expected, "leadership" building activities.

The reason I enjoyed the camp so much was mainly because I could meet up with the other Aust exchange students. It's the half way point, we all really enjoyed, comparing notes, you could say, we all had so much to talk about. It was a nice kind of support we all gave eachother. Now here we are all back home ready for the final 5 months of our Journey. It was also a great opportunity to speak lots of english, which has been rare for some of us. I did find it really funny though how at times Japanese would unintentionally slip into our conversations or english and Japanese would be combined together.
The Girls

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOM TOM! i like your photos yo. love your 'ghetto' trainstation too. ha ha.
word to your mother!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tom - Keep writing - this is a great logbook and I really enjoy your stories - Love Dad

4:58 PM  
Blogger K said...

Ahhhh Tom....you lucky, lucky boy...

Looks like you had lots of fun! Tomo, too! He looks hot, but don't tell him I said that.

I miss you! Put up more pictures! What's going on at school? Post more random "Isn't Japan strange?" stuff, I like those posts.

TOM!!
You're a star!!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home