Thursday, July 27, 2006

Come back Koren!

Koren, an ALT who has become a good friend of mine, began her return to Canada on Tuesday. I went to the bus station to see her off, was really sad! Koren if you are reading this how are you! Miss you! Hope stuff with Calgury is going well! Thanks for giving a bunch of girls my mobile email at Oosaka airport, now I keep getting messages like "Evening, What are you doing o(^-^o)"........(-_-メ)

Last sunday my Japanese class had a big day of cooking all foreign foods, I didnt really know how to make a meat pie so I just helped out with the Malaysian ladies curry. What is Australian food anyway? Anyway it was a really nice feist! We had this great russian soup, with all these crazy things I saw being added into it, one of which being a purple powder? It was REALLY good though! We also had lots of chinese dishes and then some great Malaysian curry. In Japan they love their curry but its very sweet! Besides wasabi, I'm finding Japanese dont really have much of a tolerance for spicy food, chilli etc.

I have added a pic of me and Ma-chan, a friend of mine. Japanese people seem to be really loving but casual with their kids. Like I'll meet a lady with a small baby and like 2 minutes later she has to do something so she just hands me the baby.. Is that normal?

3 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Oh my god I miss Japan so much!! And it's only been one day! Seeing your blog made me get all misty eyed again, I've been such a wreck since getting home.

Why am I here?

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah tom, you're just too charming. You even charm women out of their children.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Titia Delores said...

Hey you!!! How are you?! I miss Koren too! Anyway, you better be emailing me...Come to the beach...Hey..There is a huge festival in Taki tomorrow (Sunday, July 30th) Talk to you soon...

The Dredlocs in Kimono
-Titia

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home