Monday, September 25, 2006

Back in the swing.

Time is flying! Ashley and I commented she had been here 2 months now!.. We then both agreed it seemed like only yesterday really, that we were commenting, how she had been here 1 month already!!.....? School goes so quick, really people, I'm trying to grasp the speed here.

Lately have had various adventures with ALT buddies. Few weeks ago went to Hiroshima overnight to celebrate Ashleys 24th. Lots of foreigners in Hiroshima. Heard a song in one bar done over with Australian lyrics including the words "VB" "tallie" "bogan" and "yobbo". I also have to mention I am fairly in love with Lenas little red mini Cooper S: with its two toned leather steering wheel.... Honestly though, speeding around the countrside of a foreign land in a turbo cooper S is something of a fantasy.. fantasy no more! Also enjoyed titias party. Great times Titia great times.
Everything is pretty peachy actually, the weather is cooling down, school is, the fun lighthearted play it has always been to me. My host family are still amazing. I never expected my parents here to become like real parents. In the fact that I feel I would jump infront of a bus to save them just as I would my real mum or dad. Is that example too extreme..? Anyway I never dreamed of a relationship this strong. Something wonderful and unexpected on this exchange.

I regret not yet having photos from interesting and colourful events of the past few weeks. I intend to steal party photos from Ashleys camera sometime in the near future. Here are some mobile picies from the last few weeks.

.
Last Friday: My watch of six years breaks.. in two places.. random. upsetting. my wrist feels naked


Last friday: From a vending machine I order what I think is a KitKat chocolate milk drink.. However it ended up being a Jar with kitkats in it.






Blogger is not letting me load a photo but an observation I made yesterday: all the kids get out their mobiles to take a photo of the blackboard when it has important information, schedules, exam times written on it. The cameras are that good. Once taken they then have the information to view at home. Much faster than writing it all down. So so handy.

3 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Good to see you writing again. Too bad about your watch, how did it break? I bought mine at Green Mall, it has served me well.

Sounds like you are having so much fun!!

I'm marking math tests at the moment...NOT fun.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Lena said...

they let u take out your mobiles in class, they would be taken off u here.
sorry about ur watch :C

1:05 PM  
Blogger dmac said...

I saw some girls taking pics of the train schedule in Matsue station. I thought this was such a good idea that I followed suit right behind them. Gotta love Japanese technology.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home